About This Course
The CompTIA Network+ certification is an internationally recognised industry-standard qualification for IT and networking technicians, held by more than half a million people worldwide. This online course will teach you the essential skills needed to confidently configure and manage common wireless and wired network devices. You will learn the fundamentals of basic network design and connectivity; understand and maintain network documentation; identify network limitations and weaknesses, and implement network security, standards and protocols. This vendor-neutral certification will also raise your understanding of emerging technologies within the IT sector, such as innovations in unified communications and mobile, cloud and virtualisation technologies.Duration: 14 weeks
Certification: CompTIA Network+ N10-007
Designing and implementing functional networks
- Configuring, managing & maintaining essential network devices
- Using devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identifying the benefits & drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implementing network security, standards, & protocols
- Troubleshooting network problems
- Supporting the creation of virtualised networks
Who Should Attend
Students attending this course must have already passed the CompTIA A+ exam.
Module 1: Networking Concepts
- Purposes and uses of ports and protocols
- Devices, applications, protocols and services at their appropriate OSI layers
- Concepts & characteristics of routing & switching
- Given a scenario, configure the appropriate IP addressing components
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of network topologies, types and technologies
- Given a scenario, implement the appropriate wireless technologies and configurations
- Summarize cloud concepts and their purposes.
- The functions of network services.
Module 2: Infrastructure
- Given a scenario, deploy appropriate cabling solution
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate placement of networking devices on a network and install/configure them
- Purposes & use cases of advanced networking devices.
- Purposes of virtualization & network storage technologies
- Compare and contrast WAN technologies
Module 3: Network Operations
- Given a scenario, use appropriate documentation and diagrams to manage the network
- Compare and contrast business continuity and disaster recovery concepts
- Explain common scanning, monitoring and patching processes and summarize their expected outputs
- Given a scenario, use remote access methods
- Identify policies and best practices
Module 4: Network Security
- Summarize the purposes of physical security devices
- Explain authentication and access controls
- Given a scenario, secure a basic wireless network
- Summarize common networking attacks.
- Given a scenario, implement network device hardening.
- Explain common mitigation techniques & their purposes
Module 5: Network Troubleshooting and Tools
- Explain the network troubleshooting methodology
- Given a scenario use the appropriate tool.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wired connectivity and performance issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless connectivity and performance issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common network service issues